Monday, January 5, 2009

what my dreams are made of:

during my winter break (with the exception of work) i have been aimlessly wandering around the internets discovering wonderful new artists and blogs. looking at my new favorite blogs everyday has made me even more restless for a house of my own to design/decorate as i please. my sister asked me why can't i do it now? because i have a roommate and our styles somewhat differ, and there's also the big issue of affording it right now. i know i could do small things, and i have. my room is as i would like it, but i would like some different bedding. i have been searching to no avail for an affordable white quilt with some interesting stitchwork. that's not too dificult to ask for is it? well, apparently it is.

design*sponge has kept me going through the uneventful moments of my break. they cover a variety of different topics from recipes to diy and new artists that they find. i just love anna's house at door sixteen; it has the style of what i imagine for my future house or apartment. she also has some great ideas, like wrapping her christmas presents this year with her old stendig calendar (love, love, love!).



i am in love with chris silas neal's illustrations, and they're priced nicely too. you can find them here, and as soon as my paycheck goes through i might try to fit one in my budget.
[via design*sponge]

i finally ordered some coat hooks to solve our lack of coat hooks problem (we have been throwing our things on the stair railing, not attractive). i bought these from target online. they're quite simple, but very interesting. i can't wait for them to get here!

i've been trying to process this article that i read earlier today. with the reading of that article and the browsing of adbusters (which i do occasionaly) it made me realize that most of the time i have no clue about what is going on in the world (this article isn't exactly relevant). so i guess to make my first resolution for 2k9 it will be to become more informed about more important things, and not just art & design. :]

No comments: