Friday, April 9, 2010

Felix Gonzalez-Torres.

Felix Gonzalez-Torres has been a huge inspiration to me ever since I saw his work at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, and the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. His work centers around family, love, and the absence that those people will soon leave. I feel a connection to his work because my current concept deals with my parents' divorce and the absence of my father. I could spend hours looking at the beauty of the glowing bulbs or the iridescent candy wrappers.

Untitled (for New York), 1992
via NYSun

Untitled (L.A.), 1991
via Chron

Untitled (Perfect Lovers), 1987-90
via hyde or die

4 comments:

child traumatic brain injury said...

nice pictures :)

web design michigan said...

Hi! I think that I saw you visited my site so I came to "return the favor". I'm trying to find things to enhance my website!! suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

orange county pain center said...

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Olivia said...

Lovely blog! I love your art and design content, such a good read.