Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Am I still alive?

Technically, yes. I have become sort of a hermit crab lately; sticking to the comfort of my bed, and wasting endless hours on a senseless computer game (and the internets). I need to calm that part of my life down again because I've become sort of useless.

School is back on the scene after our break from the ice storm adventure (four days of no classes, and only two days with no electricity). I'm finally popping out some prints in Etching II (photos will come soon), so now I feel somewhat satisfied in that class. I am finally focusing on a concept this semester, which I've never done before (because it wasn't stressed). My prints are going to surround the drama that is my step-family, and dealing with my parents divorce (which is about time since that was over 17 years ago). I have so much anger and stress built up inside that I need a way to get it out. My mom is bringing her wedding album and yearbook this weekend when she visits, so hopefully I can get some more ideas from those. My roommate and I have been cleaning in preparation for her visit (ha).

I finally ordered the quilt I had been eying at CB2 when I discovered it was on sale (around 50% off!). Suzanne and I went to my favorite flea market and furniture store a couple of weeks ago, and I found a beautiful Danish Modern dresser that is begging for me to take it home. I need more drawer space, and for $97 I might be willing to go for it.

Chicago is just (about) a month away, eek!