Monday, November 17, 2008

"snuggles, love, and art"

i am so lucky to have found such awesome friends. it seems like it was yesterday i was in my freshman/sophomore year, depressed, thinking i would never have my own little group of friends like everyone else. i'm glad it took a while because now i know that good things really do take time. if you just hold out, things will happen. i am so glad i came here on my own, and with no friends in tow. i have been able to discover who i am along the way (and still am) by myself. i think that if i had went to williams with dixie, it would have been a very slow process. i love her to death, but i relied on her too much in high school. i am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. i'd take coffee & scrabble, art mags, doing nothing but still doing something, and dinner over big, drunken parties any day. i don't see how people can call it a friendship if that's all they do together.

i can't believe there's only about three weeks or so left in this semester. there's so much i need to do before the end.

i thrive in the moments and memories...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh abby, how i love you so...

Suzanne said...

"It was the one time all day that I really wanted the clock to stop. And just be there for a long time. "

Georgia said...

yes, i meant I-40, but when I'm tired, I often add numbers and letters and other grammatical errors without realizing it. i wish you'd stop correcting me, Miss Grammar Book.

This post is really encouraging, because I'm still pretty much in that freshman-seeking-friends stage. I have made some good friends here, and met some really awesome people, but I don't quite yet have that core "group." But you're right. It takes time. And even though it's been hard at times, I must agree...I am SO glad I came to a school where I knew no one!
And I'm very happy for you. :)

Georgia said...

though technically, now that I think about it, I-440 would still make sense for a few minutes of my journey.